PETITION PROCESS FOR REZONING, VARIANCE, CONDITIONAL USE AND OTHER SPECIAL PERMITS:
Important Information for Land Use Petitioner:
DO NOT BEGIN OR COMMENCE IN ANY ACTION UNTIL YOU HAVE FINAL APPROVAL FROM MANITOWOC COUNTY AND THE TOWN OF COOPERSTOWN.
The Town of Cooperstown abides by the Manitowoc County Land Use Ordinances, as well as, the Town of Cooperstown 20 Year Smart Growth Comprehensive Plan, which require you to appear before The Town of Cooperstown Planning Committee and the Cooperstown Town Board in addition to any meetings of the Manitowoc County Planning and Park and the County Board of Manitowoc County.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES WHEN FILING A PETITION MAY RESULT IN LOST TIME AND/OR PENALTY.
The following are examples of requests that require approval by the Town of Cooperstown:
- Land and Building Zoning Changes: Zoning requests and Certified Surveys
- Land Divisions: Division of an existing parcel in any way to create a new parcel
- Subdivision, Condominium and Commercial Plats: Residential, Industrial, Business and Commercial.
- Conditional Use Permits/ Variance Requests: Uses that don’t conform to the present Zoning of a parcel.
- All other Land Use Issues controlled by the current Land Use Ordinances (Town and County)